Thursday, September 25, 2008

She is so stylin'

This year school pictures were taken the day of Max's surgery. So he has not gotten his taken yet. Sam did have hers taken and I got them back last week. My hubby's parents watched Sam and Joe for me the day Max had surgery. I told my MIL that it was picture day, Sam picks out her own clothes but try to talk her out of anything that is too "clashy." I was'nt sure what she wore that day since she wears clothes only for shorts amount of time during the day before ripping them off, throwing them in the floor and getting another outfit to wear. I'm sure having to wear the same clothes for 3 hours at school just kills her! So last week all the kids are coming out holding their picture packages in their hands. Sam was not. Once in the car I asked her if she had her pictures. Yes. So I look in the backpack and find her lovely picture!! Take a look....





Oh my!! She claims that her teacher kept trying to move her headband! Uh, I think she was trying to fix it and put it on TOP of your head. She insisted that no, she (sam) would put it on her head and her teacher would put it back on her forehead. I don't think so. Years from now Sam will laugh at these pictures when she realizes what a goof she was.

Oh and the smile- she said the picture taker didn't want to see any teeth- I am guessing this was a 'trick' to make kids smile- well, the trick was on him/her- she did not smile, or at least have a normal Sam smile!

8 comments:

datri said...

Oh, that is too funny!

Laura said...

I agree to funny! I love when my kids make a wierd smile and I say no smile normal and they say I am....Ugh! They all go through a funny picture stage, your right Sam will laugh one day :) But I think she still looks cute!

Shannon @ Gabi's World said...

LOL! It's actually a nice picture except for the headband!

But in her defense, when I was in Kindergarten, the photographer told me not to show my teeth because I was missing my front teeth, so I had that same smile. My mom was so ticked that he told me that because she wanted a toothless pic of me!

Debbie @ Three Weddings said...

She looks really cute even with the toothless smile. The headband cracks me up. Maybe she's trying to be a throwback to Flashdance. If you wanted to, could you get retakes? Just a thought.

SunflowerStories said...

Oh my! I was LOL so loud I told Doug to come in and see this! Too funny! Doug and I have a stack of terrible school photos, I think I will post them during the 31 for 21 when I am short on ideas.

Our Story: Continued said...

That is about the funniest/cutest thing I have ever seen!! I love that picture!

Christina said...

LOL..it's her Olivia Newton John moment I suppose! LOL

Unknown said...

ya that hasnt happened yet -SAM!!!