Thursday, January 22, 2009

updates

Ike had his eye appointment yesterday and the doctor said everything looked great. I can stop using the antibiotic ointment as well. I have talked with the store manager about the whole thing and gave him a copy of my one receipt that i had at the time. I have another one for him then I will be getting the ER bill in the mail soon. He is talking to the regional or corporate manager about reimbursement. Really, $300 or so is nothing to a big company so hopefully that will work in my favor.

Max has had his new communication device for almost a week now. He played with it for the first 2 days but hasn't touched it much since then. I send it to school every morning then once he gets home it stays in the bag all evening. I charge it up every night. I'm sure he uses it at school though. I do know that he doesn't use it in class yet. This morning I turned it on so I could check a few things but he said "NO," pointed to himself and promptly turned it off! At least he has taken ownership of it! There is a meeting with the teachers and the tech lady tomorrow so it will be modified a little. Then next week there will be more changes. There is SO much on it that it can be confusing- to me!

I need to pick up the kiddos from school now.

5 comments:

Karen said...

I'm glad Ike's eye is fine. And the device new is great! Taking ownership is a big step. Micah hardly uses his at home but he uses it All.Day. at school.

Laura said...

YAY! Glad Mr. Ike is fine now...that so scary!

I'd love to see a picture of Max's comm. device. I really wish Jonathan had one, and have been looking into it. Do you have any advice???

WheresMyAngels said...

I'm interested on how he does with it at school. Can't wait for more updates.

Tracey said...

Glad that Ike's eye is okay.

aj said...

glad that Ike's eye is doing better! and maybe in time Max will buddy up with his new comm tool. hope you are all doing well, aj