Tuesday, May 19, 2009

She's got talent

About a week and a half ago our school had Talent Show try-outs. Sam begged me to let her be in the talent show. She wanted to sing twinkle, twinkle little star. I kept telling her to watch this year and then next year she could do something. I informed her she would be singing in front to the whole school. She did not care. So on try out day the first thing she said when we picked her up was, "I was in the talent show!" She went ahead and tried out anyway. She said she couldn't remember all the words to twinkle, twinkle she she sung the ABC song instead. I asked her about 75 questions. I wanted to know if she was in it, basically. We were out of town that weekend but left right after school was out. So Saturday I was digging in her backpack and found a slip saying-- congratulations- you will be in the talent show! I'm guessing they turned down no Kindergartners. Today at 1:00 is the talent show. Sam will be up there singing her ABC song. I wonder how she will do up on stage, in front of everybody.

4 comments:

Laura said...

Way to go Sam!!!!! Good Luck!

SunflowerStories said...

That is so cute!!! Good for her!

Kim said...

Good for her for having the guts to try out!Hope it all went well!

Debbie @ Three Weddings said...

When I was in second grade I wanted to try out for the talent show. I asked my mom what I should sing. She said "My Bonnie Lies Over the Ocean" so I did. I later found out she just said the first thing that came to mind because she was busy. Hmm, I've never done that.

Hope she did great.