Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Who doesn't love Band Aids?

The kids are out of school. Sam's last day was Weds last week and Max had half days Thursday and Friday. 11:40 Friday started our summer! I have plenty to blog about, but do I have plenty of time to do that blogging? not exactly.

Friday at school Max tripped/fell at school while playing ball with some boys. He scraped his elbow. He got sent home with his band aid that he would not put on. So who doesn't like Band aids? Max, that is who! He hates them and completely freaks out about them. His para knows that Max doesn't like them. So I'm sure she didn't push it with him. He's been fine. Last night however, before bed he acted like his arm was broken and signed 'brown' to me then pointed to his elbow. Yes Max, it's brown because it has a scab on it. Scabs are brown. I did notice it was kinda cracked a little so I am sure he could feel it. Not sure how he saw it as it is on the back of his elbow.

This morning he kept picking on Sam. I would leave the room and then peek my head back in. He was right back at it the second I left. Sam rubbed her foot along Max's arm. This in turn peeled some of the scab back making Max's elbow bleed. He starts crying and screaming bloody murder. So I got a band aid, slathered it with neosporin then held Max down and slapped it on there. For the next 20-30 minutes all I heard was crying and whimpering from Max. Oh my gosh, I have a band aid on, my arm will surely fall off because of it.

Being the nice and loving mom that I am, I got the camera out to take a picture of Max in such distress! He didn't want any of it! Imagine that! Here are my 2 attempts...
So I took the band aid off. Usually that fixes the problem and Max is miraculously healed. This time however, the meds had not soaked in yet so he freaked out because he still had gunk on his elbow. He takes me to where we keep the band aids and insisted he wanted one. What?!? I made him pick one out. Spongebob it is. So I stick it on there. He gets up, limps out (yes, literely) and keeps him arm protected. Those band aids effects ALL body parts apparently. He shuffled over to the couch and sat down. I have heard a few wimpers but he seems OK for now.

Kids are so supposed to love band aids. Sam and Joe do. I did as a kid as well. Max, well, Max is a different story!

5 comments:

Paging Doctor Mommy said...

Reagan ABSOLUTELY loves band-aids. She would plaster them all over her body if I would let her!

Kim said...

Too cute! Kids are so funny.... each in their own little way. Hope Max's arm gets better soon so that the rest of his body can function :-)

Karen said...

We had two kids that hated band-aids. Micah is one of them, but one of our "normal" kids freaked out as well. It is weird.

Tracey said...

Every kid is different huh? My middle one FREAKS out when his hands get "dirty". It is melt down time then! LOL Mine like band aids too much! Those things are expensive!

aj said...

poor boy - Janna is the same. it's not the shots and finger pricks she's wailing over - just get that band-aid OFF and she's fine! : ) hope that Max is all healed up by now!