Monday, October 12, 2009

Can I scream yet?

Last Friday Sam was tested for Flu and Strep. Flu was positive and strep was negative. If the strep is negative they send it in to see if anything grows. guess what?? I got a call around 12:30 today. Sam has strep. I sent her to school this morning. The doctor's office called in meds for Sam and I called school. Talked to the school nurse and let her know. She got Sam ready so I could come pick her. Sam was not happy about this. She wanted to stay at school. She feels better but still has a cough. Tomorrow she will be staying home too. You know the 24 hour rule-- the student has to be on antibiotics for 24 hours before returning to school. (same goes for vomit, diarrhea, and fever). I am guessing her body has already starting defeating the Strep but whatever. I also but Joe had (or has) Strep and flu. He is feeling better today. He never got the cough so maybe it was just strep. I asked him if his throat hurt today but he said no. But guess what else--- I don't have Strep--yay! Tonsillectomy was SO worth it! Now if the kids will get healthy and stay that way!

PS- Last week I got a call from the doctor's office saying they ran out of flu shots so they needed to cancel our appointments we had this week. I'll have to keep calling to see if they got them in yet.

1 comment:

datri said...

Yeah, our doctor's office ran out of flu shots, too!