Monday, January 25, 2010

Max reading his edmark book

At school Max uses the Edmark program for reading. He has done really well with this so far. He can read/sign over 150 words. Along with the program comes little books. School will make copies and send them home for me.

Max loves reading these little books. He can read them very fast.

Here is a sample of one....


They have simple text but every single word is one that is already mastered.
Here is Max reading some books to me....


He then can get very silly and start 'signing' a different word then starts laughing. It's his way of joking. He thinks it is freakin' hilarious! He will do it over and over again. Laughing more each time.

Here is Max reading one of the books. Ignore Ike wailing in the background..




5 comments:

Sharon said...

I absolutely loved watching Max reading. That was so very cool.

Karen said...

That made my heart smile this morning. Thanks for sharing.

Kristen's mom said...

Kristen also did the edmark reading program and I loved it. Kristen has always had a problem grinding her teeth. When I sleep with her, it makes me crazy!

datri said...

That's wonderful! I think Kayla should be able to read, but she is nonverbal and doesn't sign, so I have no idea how to know if she can!

SunflowerStories said...

Wow, I am so behind on commenting! I had to jump in to say I love the video of Max read & signing his book! That's great!