Friday, February 5, 2010

snow and more snow

Today the kids are out of school for teachers to work on grades and prepare for conferences next week.

This morning we woke up to snow. It is really pretty snow. It is huge flakes and it is coming down pretty good. It has been all morning. Sam and Ike went out and played in the snow already. Sam didn't last long before she got cold. She was sure she wouldn't get cold (I told her she would). she was wearing undies, a 3/4 sleeve sweater and her snowsuit (which is like bid overalls). Then of course socks and shoes and a pair of gloves. Ike was bundled up so he lasted much longer.

I went out and played with Ike for a little bit until I got cold too. Ike loved it. I made him snowballs that he could throw at the window. The other 3 kids were all at the window watching. Ike thought throwing snowballs at them was pretty funny!

The snow is perfect snowball/snowman snow. Hopefully this afternoon we will make it out to make some snowmen. I think we are to get around 1-3 inches of snow. I would say at the rate it is snowing we will be getting more. I would say we already have at least 2 inches right now. And like I said, it is still coming down pretty good.



Gathering snow for a ball..


See my snowballs?

Trying to catch snowflakes
I got one!

3 comments:

SunflowerStories said...

Cute photos! You have a lot more snow than us.

Kim said...

So much fun! We didn't get snow this time :( Just rain and lots of it......flood warning for us.

Laura said...

He is just way to cute!!!

Snow yep...we've had lots of it here in the south...odd for us!