Friday, March 26, 2010

Updates

It has been one month since I got my gallbladder removed. I still have a couple very faint bruises. I think they will be gone within a couple of days. At my 2 week post check up the surgeon was shocked at my bruising. She said, "you bruised!" Um, yeah! remember me saying she had to make my incision bigger to get the stones out? I asked her about it. She pulls the gallbladder out through the belly button. That cut was about 3 times bigger than all the other cuts. The stones were so big they even measured them. One stone was 1 inch and the other was 1 1/4 inches. Apparently my body likes to do things differently! Remember my tonsil surgery took twice as long as normal because they were inverted and the ENT said "groody!"

Everyone said I would feel SO much better after my gallbladder was out. Well, since it didn't really give me any problems but every 2 or 3 years, I would like to say, I notice NO difference. I eat whatever I want, like before. I don't notice any pain if I eat something high in fat. Whatever.. It's out and I don't have to think about it anymore.

While on vacation Ike decided he wanted to use the potty some. He did... some. Every day we went to the beach I would find him within 5 minutes of returning to the condo in the bathroom, in front of the toilet with pee all around him in the floor. He would be wearing his swimsuit without a diaper. It was a start. Once we got home he still acted interested so he has barely worn a diaper since we returned home 3 days ago. He says when he has to go, and then runs to the potty. He has had a couple accidents but for the most part has done great. The first 2 days he did poop in his pants. Today he said he needed to go and did his business in the potty. YAY! I always see that step as a break-thru. He turned 2 1/2 at the end of February. So he is just barely over 2 1/2 years old. Much better than Joe at the ripe age of 4!! Or Max at the age of 6!! Sam was not yet 2 1/2 when she got trained but after the honeymoon phase she seemed to wet her pants every single day for around a year or so. I am hoping Ike likes the idea of undies and going in the potty. It would be awesome to have him trained. I'm encouraging him but not pushing it. This was his idea so maybe he is ready. I guess we'll see in a few days.

I asked the kids teachers for spelling words and the weekly homework before we left for Spring break. Max got nothing. YAY! I even thanked her!! Sam's teacher went overboard and gave her a ton of stuff. Seriously? We are going to beach and you give her this much stuff to do!!??? We did it when we had time in the morning or late evening. Then finished most of it up Wednesday when we returned and I kept the kids home. We did not do ALL of it b/c seriously, this was a break, not a time to load her up with SO much stuff to do on it. The weekly homework I wanted was not even in that huge stack of papers. Sam got that Thursday when she returned to school. It is due on Fridays of every week. I told Sam we would just do it over the weekend. aggravating to say the least.

Dell is really making me mad. That is for another post though.

My parents, who live 3 hours away, watched our dog for us while we were gone. We planned to get her this weekend but decided we would wait until next weekend when we will be there for Easter anyway. Big thanks to my mom for being OK with this!! I must say, it has been rather nice to be dog free for a month. However, the carpets are not nearly as clean!! HA! My dog is almost 17 years old. 17 years!! Trust me, her time is coming. Not that I won't be sad, I will, but at the same time it will be kinda nice. I know that sounds awful.

Now the 2 boys and I are off to hopefully pick up a switch that works for the van speakers. The kids will no longer have to 'suffer' without the sound of the DVD player!

Have a nice weekend everybody.

Oh MY gosh! I just finished this post. I got a call from the principal. Max at recess decided to stand up on the playground equipment, pull his pants down and pee all over! Oh MY Gosh. She told him he had to go home. I bet he is fine with that. But hopefully he will be heart broken enough to NOT ever do it again!!
BOYS!



.

4 comments:

Tausha said...

Your kids are darling. Thanks for posting on our blog so I could find yours. I just read the end of your post about the peeing on the playground. Oh my, what do you do with that? How do you discipline? Sam is only 20 months but I know we will have those things happen as well and I am scared as to how to discipline these little kiddos.

Laura said...

Glad you still healing and doing well! Your trip sounded very nice and the place you stayed, that sounds great! Yeah to Ike and the potty training!

Had to smile real big about Max, really was funny!

Laura@OutnumberedMom said...

Boys, boys...! I had to laugh out loud when I read the end of your post. I have four sons, so I feel your pain (and your joy)!

Come on over for some mom inspiration and encouragement.

Carissa said...

I never thought I would find a post about potty training at least kind of that would make me feel better about the twins being 2.5 and not even starting to be potty trained yet! Thanks!