Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Whattha....

That's Ike new thing. He likes to say "what the..." all the time. It is cute.

But the real meaning of the post is this....

What would you you do if you saw your child throwing up this....

Kinda freaked me out a little. I even called Pete over to come look. Ike had been "eating" a chocolate covered strawberry within a few minutes before this. He was kind of gagging like he had something stuck in his throat. He never even ate any of the strawberry. He did make a huge mess of it though! So I start going through everything he had eaten, trying to think of anything red. Could it be strawberry? no- because he never even ate any. Pete and I both sniff it to see if it had the iron smell of blood....gross, I know! guess what it smelled like? yeah, throw up! Then I remembered what he ate. 2 oreo cookies with red cream centers. They are the Train Your Dragon theme or Oreos...
(I looked for a stock photo but couldn't find one... the nerve of them! Thankfully we still have some left so I could get pictures!)



Pretty red, huh? Ike's throw up looked JUST like blood. It had no chunks what-so-ever. No brown stuff either, just blood red. I wonder if the actual cookie part is in my car somewhere and he just ate the red stuff. (we had just left wal-mart so he had his 2 cookies while driving home). Maybe he had a piece of leaf stuck on the top of his mouth from the strawberry making him gag.

I don't know but it did freak my out seeing "blood" coming from his mouth! Thankfully he was fine after that all happened. AND thankfully none of it got on the carpet!

No comments: