Saturday, October 30, 2010

Pumpkin time

Friday night we hacked into our pumpkins. Every year it goes like this... Kids super excited, "yay! lets carve our pumpkins!" We start, Kids start to loose interest, "mom can you help me?" Later, "I'm going to go play. I don't want to do pumpkins anymore." So it turns out to be starting off with me and all the kids but ends up with generally only me! This year was a little better. Max still will not touch the guts though! If you would like to see him freak out just a little, just flip some pumpkin guts onto his leg!


Lets get started...

Max stabbing away
Joe stabbing away
Is this how we do it?
Cleaning the "lid"
I think he liked this knife!
GUTS!

Did you notice anything? You mean your kids don't all sit around and carve pumpkins in their undies??!! Ike was the smart one.. he stayed dressed.

Sam kept flipping pumpkin guts everywhere. If some got on her hand she would fling it. We had pumpkin guts everywhere. The floor, the cabinets, the dishwasher.... anything within distance of her. I will probably find pumpkin guts stuck to something in like 3 months from now!


Pumpkins
Ike's, Max's, Joe's and Sam's
I am the one who cut the faces. I tried to stay as close as possible to the faces they drew on the pumpkins. Max made a huge mouth but no eyes so I made some up for him.

Happy Halloween everyone!!

No comments: